Thursday, April 28, 2011

This Day is For Cleaning Up the Rest of The Week

Today was Catch-Up day, at least in my world. I caught up on my job hunting, my laundry (ugh), folding my laundry (double ugh),  and dishes (so ugh it's beyond at least a triple). I also put out the garbage can, added a bag to it before the trash truck showed up, and in general was puttering around the house like I owned it and actually had responsibility for cleaning it up now and then. (Er, I do.)

I savored a bowl of the aforementioned chicken soup for lunch, mmmm. It never gets old. Well,  it would if I didn't finish it, but I'll finish it. I have absolute confidence in that. Even with nigh a gallon staring me in the face.

Plans to catch up on my pizza-dough-making prowess went well, until dinner was derailed by an unfortunate mistake. I'm used to keeping the bowls with the rising dough in the oven, out of drafts and warm, until I need to use it. Husband turned on said oven to pre-heat it while I was at the store getting cheese and sauce. Oops. We went to Wendy's.

This is the second pair of mixer bowls that have been destroyed by my husband, quite by accident. The first pair were glass and set on top of a cupboard, from which he knocked them down and they exploded into smithereens. It was very loud and kind of fascinating to watch, like people with broken bottles in a mosh pit. Not so much to clean up.

My second go-round with mixer bowls, I went for the metal ones figuring they wouldn't explode. But now they've got plastic wrap melted firmly on to them. So firmly I can't see where it ends and the bowls begin. I have a theory that freezing them might work, if I can clear out enough space in the freezer to try.

If not, I'm happy to shop online for replacements. I haven't shopped online in a while. Time to catch up.

P.S. - Husband - I know you feel absolutely terrible. But in a strange sort of way you made me feel happy. I can't explain it. It's probably the humor I see in a "mixing bowl curse" Befalling My House. Hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment