Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I Want a Hammer Like That One

It's been incredibly hot here for the last few days, but unlike last week it hasn't rained each night to mitigate the swelter. With our swamp cooler broken we've been living with just fans, which makes our upper floor bedrooms just barely tolerable for the night. It's nice and cool just before dawn, but then the sun comes up and starts the scorch cycle all over again.

Imagine my delight when I saw a few flashes of lightning  as I was going to pick up the kids from day camp yesterday afternoon. By the time we got home, the wind was picking up and some big drops were falling. This rain turned out to be far from torrential, but it brought some blessedly cool air and a nice breeze for awhile.

While the storm was relatively small and fast-moving, it was noisy. It wanted everyone to know it was passing through. I managed to catch some video of the lovely light-play, but the blog servers don't want to let me upload it, boo.  If I can get it to work I'll post it here, but for now the noise and light show is stuck on my camera for only me to enjoy.

Thor was definitely happy though, and wanted us to know it. Thanks for the breeze Thor!

Edit: Here's the video. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment